Monday, December 8, 2014

About Me

My name is Megan, I am currently 28 years old. I was born on March 9,1986 in a small town in upstate NY. I had what some would say a "normal" life, my parents got divorced when I was a baby, I lived full time with my mom and visited my dad on the weekends. I spent a lot of time at my grandma's house though as I was "Grandma's girl." I grew up in a small town with literally one traffic light and attended the same school district through my school days. I struggled all through school with a learning disability, but I made it through and graduated in 2004 while obtaining my CNA through the BOCES program and going to EMT-B classes at night. A week and a day before my friends and I were set to graduate, one of the guys I had been dating had a tragic accident while swimming with family and drowned, James was a great guy who had a bright future a head of him. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. 

I had plans to attend a local college to get an RN degree, just before I was set to go, I "backed out" and decided not to go. My grandma had moved in with my family as she had poor health and was getting worse. At the time not going to college was the best choice I made so I was able to stay home and help take care of my grandma and work as a CNA. The summer after I graduated high school my grandma passed away. I was lost without her, she was my world and I felt like my world had come crashing down. I knew she was sick and there was nothing I could do about it but at the same time it still crushed me. 

I went on a downward spiral and became severely depressed. I ended up moving back home with my parents while I continued to work at the hospital. I met who I thought was an amazing guy and we ended up getting married, rather quickly I might add. We were married for 3 years and I just wasn't "in love" like you are supposed to be and I wasn't happy. I found myself eating (VERY unhealthy) sleeping (ALL the time) and when I wasn't sleeping or eating I was working, or running calls at our local fire department where I was an EMT for 5 years. I was heading down a path that was very toxic for me. I left my job at the hospital and started working for a home for special needs. I met a wonderful guy while working there and we became best friends, we talked all the time and I just felt so "comfortable" when I was around him. A few months went by and I knew my marriage just was not what I wanted and it had to end. I was falling for this amazing guy at work and it was only fair to us all that things ended.

I am currently dating and have been with my amazing boyfriend Eric for 5 and a half years now. We have been through so much together right from the start. I was so worried he wouldn't want anything to do with me because I was unhealthy and over weight, and I was told that I would not be able to have any children due to have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome). The doctors said that it would never happen and I was believing them because I had tried with my previous relationship. Come to find out the doctors were WRONG!    
I found out I was pregnant with our son Cameron when I was 15 weeks along. I took an in home test just for fun and when it came back positive Eric went out and bought 2 more for me to take because we couldn't believe what we were looking at. When all 3 tests came back positive we made an appointment with my doctor to have them take a test and there it was positive again! 
I gave birth to Cameron April 7,2010 and will share the story in another blog. 

In this blog I also want to share not only my crazy life with you, but my fitness journey as well. I started my journey April 12, 2014 at a crazy unhealthy weight of 295 pounds! I have worked so hard in the last 8 months and I have successfully lost 65 pounds! I will share more about my family, life, my journey, ill share some delicious recipes, along with so much more with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment